The Rosedal de Palermo is located within Parc 3 de Febrero. It was designed in 1914 and restoration on it began in 1994 with a donation of 2000 roses from Meilland of France. The International Trials for New Roses began in 2000 and the restoration was completed in 2008
Today the beds each contain hundreds of roses in a single color, from white to pink to dark red and from yellow to orange. The garden is framed by native tall trees and palms: jacarandas with their blue flowers in spring, yuchanes (chorizia insignis) with their striped flowers reminiscent of orchids and erythrinas crista-galli with their red striped blooms (our national flower) in summer. Eucalyptus give additional interest and shade to the garden.